Home Page Forums Open Forum Today I wrote my tests first!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  nick 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Author

alcastonguay
    Participant

Today I wrote my tests first! It’s been great really. It has made the progressing experience very smooth. I do not have to interrupt my concentration to stop and test things on the fly, because I can run a test any time I want by pushing a button.

Yup, I think I am pretty much sold on writing tests first, for now!

Do you write your tests first? Do you write tests at all?

What else do you do to find your flow?

Jonas
    Participant

TDD and BDD have become favored topics of mine in the software development realm. It’s given me some ideas on how to build out a few project ideas I have, the only thing keeping me from starting is another obligation I currently have on my plate.

I didn’t use to write tests first, but now I do. For finding my flow, I make sure I have a clear plan of actionable items I can tackle on my to-do list for whatever phase of a project I’m building out. Combined with my Linux workflow, I’m quite happy with the system I’ve managed to build out for myself.

nick
    Participant

I’m still relatively new to development, but I’d like to develop good habits early. Are there any good resources you’d recommend for learning good TDD practices?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.